Kidney Scan - When will I know?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

ScrapheapHuman

Kidney Scan - When will I know?

Post by ScrapheapHuman »

I have a kidney scan this evening because I have been getting localised back pain and apparently a scan I had in January showed up that my left Kidney's tube was slightly dialted more than normal, but was within normal parameters so nothng was made of it, until these new symptoms.

My question is, I know that person doing the scan will know if it is more dilated or not, but will they be able (allowed) to tell me? Or will I literally have to wait until 1st Dec?
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it’s going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

http://scrapheaphuman.blogspot.co.uk/
Chris In Trowbridge

Re: Kidney Scan - When will I know?

Post by Chris In Trowbridge »

When i had my kidney scan earlier in the year, i asked did i have anything to worry about, they said they could not tell me, doctor had to tell me, but results were back in a week for me.
ScrapheapHuman

Re: Kidney Scan - When will I know?

Post by ScrapheapHuman »

Thank you. I had my scan, and I did ask out right and she did tell me a lot of stuff. She said that it didn't appear to be any worse than before, and then got me to go to the loo and scanned me againa and said it also appeared as though some urine was going back in to the kidney indicating a slight reflux again!
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it’s going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

http://scrapheaphuman.blogspot.co.uk/