What Results Show in Your RPV?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Sillynan

What Results Show in Your RPV?

Post by Sillynan »

Mine only show a limited range of blood test results. They do not show any results for sodium, bicarbonate, ferritin, iron, TSAT etc.

Is this normal? Do other people see these results on their RPV?
lizbee

Re: What Results Show in Your RPV?

Post by lizbee »

Hello and welcome to the forum I did read what you said about not being a spammer so I am replying to your question. You will only be able to see the results that your blood was tested for.....so if it was tested for the ones you think are missing get in touch with the administrator for your unit you will have most likely have had communication from this person when you first started giving you a username and password to get you going, ask him/her why you don.t see these results then ask your renal doctor if he is testing for them I do hope this helps you ......................

Liz
I am 61 years old

diagnosed 17 years ago with Membratts disease

Now receiving dialysis

I am Scottish and live in Glasgow.
Sillynan

Post by Sillynan »

lizbee wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum I did read what you said about not being a spammer so I am replying to your question. You will only be able to see the results that your blood was tested for.....so if it was tested for the ones you think are missing get in touch with the administrator for your unit you will have most likely have had communication from this person when you first started giving you a username and password to get you going, ask him/her why you don.t see these results then ask your renal doctor if he is testing for them I do hope this helps you ......................

Liz
Thankyou very much Liz, and thanks also for your welcome. I must admit I was concerned that people thought I was a spammer just because I am new to the forum. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am simply scared about what is going on.

Thanks for your advice about the RPV recording. I find it quite strange, as I know my blood forms show "full blood tests" or something similar. I will check.

Do you know if other people get more results shown than I do? Is it something to do with the local hospital putting the reults on RPV?

This is all so confusing. I just wish I could get the full picture from RPV.

Thanks again.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Hi SillyNan :)

so ... do we call you Silly ... or Nan?? :roll:

welcome to the Forum ...
I do hope you find us helpful ... and just as important ... welcoming :D

I'm one of the Mods for this forum ...
please ... do feel welcome ... you certainly aren't considered a spammer!! :shock:

as a Mod I check every new member who signs up here ... and remove any that have spammers details ... we use an external spam checker ... some are even removed whilst they are still online!! ... and a very few slip through the net ...
so please don't worry ... you were NEVER considered to a potential spammer ...

despite what has been suggested by some ... this Board is pretty well moderated ... and a lot more open than what was the RPV ... we have members from all around the globe which is not possible on RPV ... so rather than an insular aspect we get a well rounded view of renal problems ...
yes we do get spam ... but there are a number of volunteer Mods on the Board ... we are not here 24/7 so some spam will get through ...
spam can be reported by a member ... but more often than not it is removed ASAP by a Mod before it can be reported ...

so worry not ... I hope you get all the support you need here ...
and once again ... Welcome to KPG :D :D :D
Dixie1

Post by Dixie1 »

Hi sillynan

Welcome to the forum. :)

Yes, this is normal, or at least it is for me. In my RPV results (my bloods are tested every 3 months) I have a lot of gaps. My sodium is nearly always checked but on the odd occasion it has been left out. My bicarb results are intermittent too. With regard to my ferritin and iron - this was almost never tested in previous years (I used to go annually but my visits increased to 6 monthly and are now 3 monthly) and have only been tested of late, and I think that is because up until recently my Hb levels have been fine. However, they have decreased recently, which I think jogged Guys to check my iron levels etc. So, in a nutshell, lots of gaps is normal and each set of tests is tailored to the individual. If you are concerned however, if you click the 'Contact' tab at the top of the RPV pages, where is says 'Home', 'My Details', 'Results' etc, it will give you an option to email your renal untit and you could check?

Hope this has been of some help!
MatthewC

Post by MatthewC »

At the risk of stating the b********g obvious, you do know that you can click on the numbered tabs on the Results page above your name? This gives access to the things you mention, none of which are on page 1. Each tab shows different results - ferritin and iron are on tab 5, for instance.

Sorry if you do realise this but I thought I ought to point it out just in case!
Sillynan

Post by Sillynan »

MatthewC wrote:At the risk of stating the b********g obvious, you do know that you can click on the numbered tabs on the Results page above your name? This gives access to the things you mention, none of which are on page 1. Each tab shows different results - ferritin and iron are on tab 5, for instance.

Sorry if you do realise this but I thought I ought to point it out just in case!
Sorry, but you are stating the b******g obvious. :) The only results showing for me on page 2 are albumin, cholesterol and adjusted calcium. On page 3 parathyroid hormone. Nothing on pages 4,5,& 6. But I know ferritin is tested, because at my last appointment, before I was on RPV, I was told what it was. I am 99% sure all the things I mentioned, and more, are tested for and my consultant has the results, but they don't show on RPV and I don't know why. I have contacted my local administrator by email, but haven't had a reply yet.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

I'm really glad you stated the b.........y obvious as this dozy mare hadn't notice the other tabs!!

Dotty.
47 years old.
IGA Nephropathy diagnosed May 2013 with eGFR of 22%
PD dialysis started May 2014
3rd PD catheter fitted and failed July 2014
Hemodialysis started July 2014

Red Lippy and PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) gets me through each day!
Sillynan

Post by Sillynan »

Dotty wrote:I'm really glad you stated the b.........y obvious as this dozy mare hadn't notice the other tabs!!

Dotty.
Sorry, who are you referring to as a dozy mare? I had seen the other tabs, as I have clearly explained. I am not stupid, and had already looked at every tab well before asking the question on this forum.

I joined this forum expecting some sort of support, not to be insulted.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

I think you misread my post.. I'm the dozy mare, I hadn't realised there were other tabs!! :oops:

Dotty.
47 years old.

Sillynan

Post by Sillynan »

Dotty wrote:I think you misread my post.. I'm the dozy mare, I hadn't realised there were other tabs!! :oops:

Dotty.
OMG! :oops: I am so, so sorry. It depends how you read it, and I honestly read it as if it was me you referred. Please accept my apolgy.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

No apology needed. My fault for not making it clear what I meant and for causing you upset.

All forgotten now.

Dotty :D
47 years old.

Sillynan

Post by Sillynan »

Dotty wrote:No apology needed. My fault for not making it clear what I meant and for causing you upset.

All forgotten now.

Dotty :D
Thankyou for being so kind about this. I guess I am rather raw at the moment, as I am scared at what is happening. I am too fragile and nervy and this is what happens. I wish I could curb it.
sporti

Post by sporti »

Hi - why don't you ask your renal department/nephrologist about your blood tests? That way you will get the correct information and you won't have to worry so much. They will know what you have been tested for. :)
Sillynan

Post by Sillynan »

sporti wrote:Hi - why don't you ask your renal department/nephrologist about your blood tests? That way you will get the correct information and you won't have to worry so much. They will know what you have been tested for. :)
Thanks for that. yes, I have asked them, but I am waiting for a response. I asked on this forum to see if it was just me who wasn't getting the full results on RPV, or whether it was the same for everyone.

Thankyou for your suggestion.