Got the Call!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

MandyV

Re: Got the Call!

Post by MandyV »

Hi Jooles - I echo the above sentiments - as you are relatively new on dialysis I am sure they erred on the side of caution ... if you think dialysis is a roller coaster, the tx journey is the big dipper! It is great you got a call so soon and hopefully you will get another soon. I only had one call but I did wait for nearly six years so at least you know you are matching on the list!!! Happy New Year
jooles

Post by jooles »

Yes, you're right Mandy. Here's hoping!
Best wishes for 2014 to you too!

Jooles
FSGS
Born 1966
APD Sept 2103 - March 2015
DCD Transplant QA Portsmouth 19th March 2015
rheaybou

Post by rheaybou »

Jooles,

Very sorry to hear that the transplant did't go ahead, I can't even begin to imagine the emotions you and your family went through.

Richard
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.
Tibbs

Post by Tibbs »

What a rollercoaster!

I'm sorry you didn't get a kidney in the end, I hope another one comes along for you soon. :)
26/11/12 - Live donor transplant from my dad
6/1/13 - Discharged - Rejection episode over
7/1/13 - Getting on with life
24/9/13 - Left Radical Nephrectomy of Native Kidney due to cancerous tumour
14/10/13 - Back to work, getting on with life
sanela

Post by sanela »

Jooles,

I'm sorry it didn't work out this time. Seems it wasn't the best kidney for you and you do want the best one possible. Interestingly, I've heard (from other patients and some drs) the second call comes fairly soon if the first one doesn't go ahead.

Best wishes for a short wait, Sanela
Walter, 15 september 2009
lainiepop

Post by lainiepop »

Aww Jooles i followed this thread and am so sorry it didnt work out this time. I pray u get another call soon xxx
1982 - born with one imperfect kidney, no bladder
1984 - urostomy op
1990 - bladder built out of colon op
2007 - birth son, gfr drop 30% to 26%
July2011 - birth prem daughter, gfr 17%
August2011 - gfr 10%
Now - gfr 8.8% transplant from dad 29th May2012!
jooles

Post by jooles »

Thanks Richard, Tibbs (follow your threads too!), Sanela, Ianiepop

My bag is a bit more carefully packed now! (included a razor as I'm paranoid about hairy legs during an operation!!!!) Also packed the Johnson's Baby Moisturiser which a transplant friend who I 'bumped' into during my eighteen hour wait gave me for post-TX dry skin, so I am well and truly ready! In the meantime, I am getting to grips with Year 9 Macbeth lesson plans ready for kick-off back to work on Monday! Slightly nervous about the big Return to Work but am hoping I've still go what it takes to tackle classes of (reluctant?!) teenagers! Have just put together an 'emergency' kit for unexpected work scenarios: a couple of caps; micropore tape; calm shells, antiseptic wipes and a couple of ..... spare pants!! ( the laxative situation is still an unresolved one!!)

I've often thought what fun a Blog of the intimate worries of dialysis patients would be..... What were your main worries today, I wonder?! Probably only our nearest and dearest really know those sort of details ..... That's given me an idea for a new, more light-hearted post......

Best wishes

Jooles
FSGS
Born 1966
APD Sept 2103 - March 2015
DCD Transplant QA Portsmouth 19th March 2015