Patient Sustainability Poster

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Patient Sustainability Poster

Post by JMan »

Any staff/patients got any insight on this. Has your unit department given advice on sustainability or produced a leaflet or poster?

https://networks.sustainablehealthcare. ... idney-care

This has come up on the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare website
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
wagolynn

Re: Patient Sustainability Poster

Post by wagolynn »

Hi JMan,
What is needed is the government to take action on sustainable packaging, stick or carrot however it is achieved doesn't matter, there are other means of packaging available all they need is a demand to justify setting up manufacturing.

Patients own blankets - I think about the infection risk, the dialysis unit have no way of knowing what happened to the blanket between sessions.

On blankets, when I started at this dialysis unit I am now at, they wanted to set the machine temperature to 35 degrees?
I was told, 'that's what we always do', I have gradually got the setting for me up to 36.5 the intention is to get to 37 but I am advised if I do that I will drop dead, and all my family will get the plague...

I have had some effect, the standard setting now is 36.

I am working away at trying to get the dialysis unit to change there attitude from, dialysis is something we do TO the patients, to dialysis is something we do FOR the patients.