Possible forum downtime

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

scout

Possible forum downtime

Post by scout »

Good morning, KPG forum users

Just a heads up that we will be doing some maintenance on the forum this Wednesday (21st of February) and there may be some downtime during these works. Should not take very long, a couple of hours at the most.

Happy Monday, everyone!
Scout B.
----
KPG team
Thumps

Re: Possible forum downtime

Post by Thumps »

Thanks for the heads up!
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!
Skm

Post by Skm »

Carry on the good work.
We maybe don’t post as often as we used to, but it’s always nice to know you are here.
Thanks
Transplant May 2015
scout

Post by scout »

Ah thank you Skm! I will share your comment with the rest of the team :)
Scout B.
----
KPG team
scout

Post by scout »

Apologies for the extension of the "possible forum downtime" over the last 48 hours. We are trying to get a handle on a massive increase in spam activity. We are done with our attempts for now and the forum/site should be stable all weekend. The issue isn't yet resolved so it is possible there will be some more disruption next week but hopefully it will all be smooth sailing.
Scout B.
----
KPG team
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Keep up the good work.

Why do I think of Monty Python when anyone mentions Spam?

Actually, I used to like Spam, goes well in sandwiches, fried or fried in batter, boiled Spam was not a success, Spam (chopped) stew works but cook the vegetables first adding the Spam late on.
Have I left any out?
Skm

Post by Skm »

Spam Fritters, school lunch. Like eating glue!

Lovely to see you Wagolyn. It’s been a while.
Transplant May 2015
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Sorry I missed your reply Skm.

I have been having a bumpy ride for a while but I am 84 now so I suppose it is to be expected, I have been dialysing about 14 years now.
Just recently the forum was not wanting me around when I could, anyway the administrator has fixed that now (Thank you administrator).

It's a shame everyone appears to have gone off to social media, I just don't think social media is a healthy place to be, and I don't like the pinching of peoples data and selling it off to anyone, that is just not for me.

Here's a thought, the media is full of the rise in mental health problems, this appears to fit with the rise of social media, well it's a thought.
Talking to my grand children, there is a fear of, 'being out of the loop' among the young hence the constant attention to the phone.
I had a laugh, when I saw an App, to lock you out for a while, I thought that was really funny.

A serious thought is the effect it has had on young kids that have killed themselves, looking at there phones has shown cases where a child has made a death wish comment, and thereafter the site has directed them to suicide posts.
I am sure in my teenage years I had days when I may have thought, 'I wish I was dead or why am here?' but a face to face talk with a mate would soon dispel such thoughts.

Anyway, enough of this.

Best wishes.