im full of holes !

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Jack

im full of holes !

Post by Jack »

its been about half a year since ive been on CAPD

im glad to be here thats the way i think

other people i see are depressed and angry not me

im always glad to be here

they still dont know what happend to me to cause kidney failure

and the neph said he would do a biopsi because 80% of the time when the
kidney has already failedl it is incunclusive

your wondering about the topic well let me tell you

ive been counting all the non-natural holes in my body and there are alot and all within the past half year

One in my neck for HD (permcat)
one near my leg for hd it was temp
one in my stomach (failed CAPD cat)
one in my stomach (succeded CAPD)
anoher one near my leg (weak spot)<<< not sure how you call that spot right inbetween your hips and crouch
one in my tummy for the first time they tried to realign the failed CAPD

thats SEVEN holes

and i had a couple of missed shots in my chest when they tried to find a vein for the emegency HD but ultimatly they whent to the area between my legt and my crouch

but it was all worth it

i glad to be here im waiting for my APD(CCPD) machine so i can be free the whole day and my nurse says im a good candidate because my dialisys is basicly done within two hours

my doctor said im the strangest person he ever treated because i had no pain with my disease no simptoms notting even when i got peritonities i had no pain

oh yeah , i almost whent blind becasuse of my high blood presure but thank god thats over and what they dont understand about me is why i dont get frustrated

i gues its because me and my mom whent thru alot of things because in 2000 i was diagnosed with a tumor behind my eye and was rushed overnight to the netherlands but they only did i biopsy and gave me prednisone and my eye doctor wasnt satisfied so he send me to the states and they did the same thing an they concluded that is wast malignanat (bad spelling)(it wasnt dangerous)

soi gues thats why im happy because although i go thru alot of obstacles i always finish victorios

PS : i was born premature << did see that one comming right??
PS2: i was recently put on 5 exchanges a day my pet test came out very low

So this is my story and i hope it gives everyone hope and that you can see that even though iut may look hopeless you must never give up
==jack==
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

Hi Jack: What a lot of experiences you have had! And you are happy and lucky to have such an accepting disposition. I don't think it is necessarily down to your previous experiences - such a disposition is simply part of one's nature and you are fortunate to have it. I share a similiar disposition in that, while I have a thriple whammy of esrf, osteoporosis and emphysema, it doesn't bother me very much. Of course, I'm not ecstatic about it. I don't go around shouting "Hurrah for end stage renal failure", "Hurrah for dialysis", "Hurrah for emphysema", "Hurrah for osteoporosis". But, just like you, I accept what has happened to me and get on with enjoying the many aspects of life I still enjoy.
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hi Jack,

I like your attitude!

I try to be like you - enjoy life and get on with it. Yeh sometimes I get down and frustrated and sad, but I pick myself and get on with things.

I intend to enjoy my life and do as much with it as possible.

Best wishes,

Hal
Pam

Post by Pam »

Dear Jack,
You certainly do have a good attitude! I know what you mean about the various things that can go wrong-in the past 5 yrs or so, I have found out about a congenital heart problem, had seizures, cataracts removed and two knee replacements in addition to my kidney issues. :roll: It seems sometimes when it rains, it pours! :wink:
Some will disagree, but I think God smiles on those of us who have a lot of challenges in life. I think He gives us a special measure of grace and fortitude to see us through. Keep that winning outlook of yours! There might be others who need a little sunshine and to see that life doesn't have to get you down. :)
-Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Rachel in NY

Post by Rachel in NY »

Great attitude Jack! Y'now.. I never thought of these things as "holes". However, I DO say that my scars are like a roadmap. I've got the Interstate.. the Thruway.. a couple other highways and small winding local roads..etc. Well - I'm sure you've got the same.. and consider those holes - POTHOLES!!! They're part of you... and should only make you feel proud.
zoeb

Post by zoeb »

Hi Jack,

Know how you feel, i spent a month and a half in hospital, attached to various machines, having blood tests every day, catheters in both my hands, one day i was wheeled down to the shop and had a short sleeved t-shirt on, the old ladies in the lift were looking at me very strangely, when i looked down, i realised they were looking at my arms, when we exited one said to the other, "isn't it terrible what the youth of today get up to!" They thought i was a drug addict and by the look of my arms i couldn't blame them! Thankfully now the scars are healing, it's good to see you have remained so positive, thats what i think helped in my recovery. Take care!
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

zoeb wrote:Hi Jack,

Know how you feel, i spent a month and a half in hospital, attached to various machines, having blood tests every day, catheters in both my hands, one day i was wheeled down to the shop and had a short sleeved t-shirt on, the old ladies in the lift were looking at me very strangely, when i looked down, i realised they were looking at my arms, when we exited one said to the other, "isn't it terrible what the youth of today get up to!" They thought i was a drug addict and by the look of my arms i couldn't blame them! Thankfully now the scars are healing, it's good to see you have remained so positive, thats what i think helped in my recovery. Take care!
You got off lucky with only old ladies looking at you! I was physically thrown out of Jury's hotel in Dublin a year or so ago to which I had repaired to put a plaster on my fistula which had started bleeding during a service in St Patrick's Cathedral [maybe it thought it would pretend to be a statue having a miracle]. The shaven-headed, tatoo'd bouncer wouldn't listen to my explanation and said "I'm not having the likes of you in my hotel" and "I guess when the police come they'll find interesting things in your pocket" All they would have found is a snotty handkerchief for I had a streaming cold at the time.
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hi Jack, I once got told by somebody on this board to think of them as a map, lookin at where you have been , wot u have come from and where you are today. I really can sympathise with you with your holes. I am coverend in scars- luckily for me none on my face, but from my neck down, i have many, stitch marks, tracheostomy scar, blothces all over my arms, extensive skin grafts on my legs.
Most people ask what I have doen to my arms, what did u hit it on??!! but i usually tell them straight even those people who i dotn really know.
so as that wise person once told me, look at your holes as a map, and hope in the future that they fade and it will be like the Mauderers Map (on Harry Potter)..
Keep smiling. :D

Rgds
Andy