World's longest dialysis survivor: message for ORB

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

oldborris

World's longest dialysis survivor: message for ORB

Post by oldborris »

Since you are in, more or less, the same line of business, I thought you might be interested in the story of Prof Robin Eady who, as a 20 yr old medical student contracted esrf and was dialysed in Seattle, then the only place offering this new and revolutionary treatment. He is still alive and practicing [although one might think that, by now, he would know all there was to know and wouldn't need to practise any more] as Professor of Dermatology in Edinburgh and is Britain's - and the World's - longest surviving esrf patient. Some end stage! Read all about him on renux.dmed.ed.ac.uk/EdREN/Patientmessages/EADY.html
msdiva

Old Boris

Post by msdiva »

I just love your humor, i sign on everyday just to see if you posted anything....keep it up boris, you lift my spirits
Hal

Thanks

Post by Hal »

Thanks Old Borris, hope you are well.

A very useful and interesting web site I did not know about!

The Professors story is a great inspiration to me having started dialysis when I was 21.

I couldn't get to the page about the Professor from your address, but I found it here:

http://renux.dmed.ed.ac.uk/EdREN/Patien ... /Eady.html

Hal