Confused over results

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

harryharryharry

Confused over results

Post by harryharryharry »

Hello all,

I have previously posted a question a while back as I'm getting tested to be a kidney donor for my younger brother.

Last year I had blood and urine tests. My blood pressure is perfect and my blood was perfect. Creatinine of 0.94 (GFR 102).
My urine was perfect except for some microscopic blood. I then repeated the test over the following months and each time there was blood.
I ended up going seeing a urologist who did a cystoscopy and was given the all clear. I've checked my past records and I seem to have had blood one and off for the past 12 years.

I also did an Albumin/Creatine Ratio test 3 times. The normal is <30 mg/day. My tests came back at 40 mg/day, 13 mg/day and 43 mg/day. So I've had 2 tests just above normal and one within range.
I've read on numerous websites that blood in the urine can increase the Albumin on the test. Does anyone know anything about this?

Warm regards,
Darien
wagolynn

Re: Confused over results

Post by wagolynn »

Hi harry x 3,
I think your best bet is to ask your Consultant or GP to explain the results.

Try ringing the consultants secretary, explain your problem, and see if help is offered, The help may be a phone call or an appointment.

Try and make a list of questions you would like to ask, and have that with you for the phone call or appointment, we all tend to forget something.

In my experience doctors usually are happy to help in this way.

Best wishes.