Severe back pain, is it normal??

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Duker5

Severe back pain, is it normal??

Post by Duker5 »

Hey all,

I've been getting a fair bit of back pain on the right side of my back, literally where my right kidney is, now when I had my ultrasound and when I got the results (beforeI had a biopsy) they told me I had a cyst on there and that my right kidney was inflamed but that cysts are fairly common and was probably nothing to worry about so nothing more has been done.

But recently my back pain has been getting noticeably worse, so much so the other night it felt so painful (as if I'd been stabbed in the back literally..) I fell onto the settee and cried at the pain! And it's also very noticeable when I bend down, when using the pipe when hoovering to suck things up, and when I'm bowling (Crown green) and the pain is quite bad at times, should I be worried at all??

I've spoken to someone in the Renal unit at Doncaster and they said if it keeps concerning me and causing pain I should go to my GP to get it checked out, but I'm just wondering if anyone on here has personal experience with this type of back pain and if it's literally just muscular?? As I don't want to waste the doctors time if it's par for the course.

I just hope it's not a sign of something more serious happening that I'm unaware of, as I'm not back at the hospital until the 19th of November.
nana1983

Re: Severe back pain, is it normal??

Post by nana1983 »

Is A bit late but I ve found very good results on kidney pain with clay.50g of clay in a glass of water.I ve tried several times of clay, and one of them was super efficient.You can t find it in Uk.I still have some amount.Text me on 07884706792.
wagolynn

Re: Severe back pain, is it normal??

Post by wagolynn »

Best to o to your GP, and get it checked out.