IgA Nephropathy/kidney problems and marijuana

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

IgA Nephropathy/kidney problems and marijuana

Postby mapleleafs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:53 am

Has anyone spoken to their nephrologist in regards to smoking marijuana and the effects it has on kidneys? Specifically people who may have kidney issues?
mapleleafs

Re: IgA Nephropathy/kidney problems and marijuana

Postby Thumps » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:30 pm

I did once but it was masked by a "don't smoke, you fool" conversation, because cancer, obvs. I'd be intrigued if the conversation could be had about vaping with a THC/CBD based substance instead!
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!
Thumps

Postby mapleleafs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:15 pm

I've tried to do research online with regards to the affects of smoking marijuana on kidneys for people who have some sort of kidney problem, whether its mild such as what I am going through or more severe such as ESRF. I can't find any scholarly journals saying that its definitely bad for you or whether you can have a little here and there.
mapleleafs

Postby wagolynn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Perhaps I am odd but I cannot understand why someone would deliberately get involved with doubtful material?
wagolynn

Return to The KPG Forum