EGFR 70 from 78

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

affaf

EGFR 70 from 78

Post by affaf »

Hi,
This is my first Post, I hope someone can share knowledge. I am 37 years male from Sweden. I had my blood test 4 months ago and my values were
EGFR 78
Creatinie 102

my GP asked me to take another test after couple of weeks and my result were:
EGFR 75
Creatinine 102

My GP then recommend me to go for ultrasound, that was performed 2 months ago and it was totally normal. Yesterday, I took another test and value were
EGFR: 70
Creatinine 108

I am very tense that why it is dropping and my creatinine is inceasing. My Urine test were normal, no protine were found. I am not diebetic or have high blood pressure. Just need people from you guys if you can share or suggest.

Best Regards
wagolynn

Re: EGFR 70 from 78

Post by wagolynn »

Hi affa,

eGFR is in fact an estimate of your GFR.

It is prone to error, because of this I would not worry, your kidney function will support you at this level (70).

Creatinie is OK this will tend to have a slow drift in values, it can be temporally changed by several things, so again I would not worry.

Best wishes.
affaf

Post by affaf »

Thanks for responding. The reason I am so much concerned is that it dropped from 78 to 70 in 3 months. I heard that if you are dehydrated before test you could get lower GFR values, and I gave blood tests early morning when there was not much water in body. this could be the reason.
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Hi affaf,

78 to 70 is well within the error rang for eGFR, and as you say, it can be affected by your state of hydration.

It looks as though all your results are saying kidneys are OK.
affaf

Post by affaf »

Many thanks.... I had cold and flu when I had this test, may be it has some affect on the result. I have my GP appointment next week. I will update you surely.

Best Regards
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Hi affaf,

Talk you worries through with your GP, best plan is to list them before you go, we all tend to forget in front of doctors.