How many have returned to work after transplant?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

How many have returned to work after transplant?

Postby tonycap » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:24 pm

I would like to know if you have returned to work after your transplant, and what type of job do you do?
tonycap

Re: How many have returned to work after transplant?

Postby SKM23435 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Yes. I did.
12 weeks post transplant. I felt able to go back sooner but my job involves dealing with the general public at close range. My consultant didn’t want people breathing over me too soon because of the immunosupression. It is however a desk job.
Started APD July 2014
On transplant and paired exchange lists.
Transplant 9/5/15
SKM23435

Re: How many have returned to work after transplant?

Postby freddyy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:39 am

I work a desk job also (software engineer), and I returned to work about 7 weeks after my transplant at a 50% pace. After one month of work I went back to working full time. I think it is fine physically but pretty draining mentally after being used to going home early from work and just taking things slowly every day. Does feel wonderful to be able to work full time again though. :)
freddyy

Return to The KPG Forum