Dilemma!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Afzal

Dilemma!

Post by Afzal »

I'm a 60 year old male. Last month my CT Scan report showed that my right kidney has stopped functioning due to kidney stones and there is a 20mm stone in my left kidney. My creat is normal. I visited 2 urologists and both gave different opinions. One said we first need to remove the non-functioning kidney. The second one said we need to remove the stone of the functioning kidney. I'm confused right now. Want your opinion..
wagolynn

Re: Dilemma!

Post by wagolynn »

I would want to Know why the first consultant wanted to remove the kidney.

Otherwise I would go with the second consultant.

This is just a personal hunch, as I do not know anything about your health etc. not in the way the consultants will know.

As a general rule, if you do not understand a medical recommendation/decision, ask, and keep asking until it is clear to you.

Best wishes