Now you see it, now you dont !

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

BloodZero

Now you see it, now you dont !

Post by BloodZero »

Hello,

I was getting a medical check up and in the process of an ultrasound the Dr told me I had a kidney stone on my left. He showed it to me on the screen, a white circle. Two weeks later when I get back home (Sydney Australia. I was in Indonesia) i have another ultra sound and they didnt see any stones. However, there is a cyst on my right kidney. (not left, where the stone is supposed to be).

Anyone know whats going on? How can the first scan show a stone on my left kidney but the second scan show a cyst on the right only?
wagolynn

Re: Now you see it, now you dont !

Post by wagolynn »

Sounds like. in one of the scans the right, and left kidneys, were mixed up, and interpretation of the image was incorrect.