Swollen testicals after 4 days of capd

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Dazzywood

Swollen testicals after 4 days of capd

Post by Dazzywood »

Hi everyone
I’m new to this site and to doing capd
3 days ago I started my capd dialysis and all seems to be going fine apart from slight pain when draining .. but this morning I noticed my testicals and penis has stated to swell imhaving no pain at all there it’s just swollen I had the same thing happened to me while I was in hospital a few months ago but eventually subsided ... do you think it could be connected to the capd I’m a bit concerned about leakage of fluid into my scrotum but I’m not loosing any fluid on the drain I’m putting in 2ltr and always draining around 2300 ml -2400 ml out any advice would be much appreciated
Thank you
indajen

Re: Swollen testicals after 4 days of capd

Post by indajen »

It does sound like a small tear in the peritoneum. As ever, you should contact your renal support team.

I'm on CAPD and was warned that if this happened I should contact them.

Hope you get it resolved soon.
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Re: Swollen testicals after 4 days of capd

Post by JMan »

Defiantly let the unit know.. They are professionals, I seem to remember having something like that, and at the time it scared the hell out of me.Balls like a grapefruit!

Good luck..
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast