Thoughts please

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mart1980Herts

Thoughts please

Post by Mart1980Herts »

Hey EVERYONE! this question is for Transplant patients, i'm 7 years post transplant and went for my 3 month check up on monday and and they want me back in 3 weeks time for bloods & ultra sound of transplanted Kidney as creatinine level has gone from 118 ( july result ) to 142, my thinking is because i'll hold my hands up been eating alot of microwave meals, packs of ham, and just thought it could be that thats caused the level to rise, i'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else before??? i drink between 4-6 litres a day, transplanted kidney is not burning, i'm just wondering if its because i've been lazy with diet and thats whats caused it... thoughts please
creatinine:142
urea:6.6
potassium:4
h/b:12.1
cholesterol level: 4.2
any meal ideas to help bring down???
Many Thanks in advance
Martin
Dibs

Re: Thoughts please

Post by Dibs »

Hi Mart.

I'm only eight months post transplant, but I've never been below 135 and that was just seven weeks post-op. You've only fluctuated 20% and so I guess they are being cautious. I'm on three weekly tests and can fluctuate 20%.

One thing that caught my eye was that you drink 4-6l a day. I was told not to drink more than 3l as my salt (sodium) level gets too low. So maybe you need that diet to keep your salt levels up, but then again probably not.
wagolynn

Re: Thoughts please

Post by wagolynn »

It doe's sound like a lot of fluid input.

Pre cooked meals, and ham, have lots of salt in them this would make you drink a lot, high salt intake also is said to cause high blood pressure, high blood pressure kills kidneys.

You would be much better aiming for five (fruit, and veg) a day, and low salt intake.