Account activation problems eliznew 412

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mike2003

Account activation problems eliznew 412

Post by Mike2003 »

Help! I can't get an answer from admin. Has anyone else had problems reactivating their username?
I posted n this site since 2008 and would like my old username back. :roll:
Clearly my IP address has not been blocked, just my username and or email address as I had no problems when using my son's email address. I would like to know as I had a disagreement with a lady on another site not n the UK who threatened to ban me from all UK sites. If she has done this I would like to know and discuss this with the administrators. I've known some people n this site from almost 10 years including jman!

Can I get a reply please? pm me or email me [email protected]. Thanks

Liz Wylie
wagolynn

Re: Account activation problems eliznew 412

Post by wagolynn »

Until admin sees your post -

I doubt anyone could arrange to have you blocked on all UK forums.

Some forums, though I don't know if this forum doe's, remove old, not active accounts, after a certain time to keep the data manageable.

If it has removed you, you ought to be able to reregister with the old account details.

Did you use your old password and have you got it correct?

If you are not sure, try using, 'Forgotten Password', function. See http://www.kidneypatientguide.org.uk/fo ... =2&t=15702

I think admin will need to know what your old account user name is to trace you.
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Liz

No one can 'ban you from sites'

If they own the site they can in effect block your IP address (your computers identity) for a while, but they can't do it for any other sites.

They could maybe try to report you to an internet provider (they'd be on difficult legal ground unless you actually broke the law)

@administrator any ideas?

I've tagged admin in this post so they should be notified, hopefully
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Mike2003

Post by Mike2003 »

Thanks. Its like being the invisible woman spooky :mrgreen:

Jman I tried to pm you without success. The lady said she would forward my postings to all renal chat boards and boards and make sure Id be banned from all of them. Clearly this hasnt worked for any sites except this one. I dont know what she has done.

I can create a new account with different email address provided I put in a different DOB but the confirming email never arrived. I tried several times. She accused me preaching feminism! ..didn't believe I was depresses. Yikes. I have the thread showing her threats and unkindness towards a patient on just 11%eGfr ..depressing in itself. She said I was a dreadful nasty selfish person. Sorry I did to pm you but it wouldnt leave my outbox. Creepy..its beginning to feel like a weird conspiracy. I think the lady in question had some issues. Having banned me from her site she continued to threaten me which frightened me.

I don't think my old account username eliznew412 has been deleted..it just instructed me to activate it, which I tried. I then contacted administrators..heard nothing back since.

Looks like she reported me to Google but I can't find out how to appeal it
Thumps

Post by Thumps »

Hello,

JMan's right, I doubt there's any way any person could do such a thing (banning you from boards), it's just not possible. Likewise any nonsense about reporting to Google is just that; they can't and don't ban people from the internet :_

As far as I can see that account is still there - just head to the Forgot Password link and reset. If the issue is that you no longer have access to the email address linked to the eliznew412 account, then we can probably change it to something else if you PM one of us with the email you want, also confirming the email address it used to be linked to so we can make sure you're you!

Not sure how you 'contacted administrators' but there's no collective inbox as far as I know and us moderators don't get to see what the admin sees in terms of messages.
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!
JMan

Post by JMan »

Liz,

I'm assuming the group in question is the Facebook Group Renal Women's Support.

If so the woman in question owns the group, then she can 'block or ban you from that group.

And quite frankly telling you she's going to get you blocked from other groups is malicious at least. The only group she can block you from is her own or by spreading false rumours about you (illegal) in groups. THAT is reportable in itself.

You should be able to email or contact the Site administrator from their profile here:

http://www.kidneypatientguide.org.uk/fo ... rofile&u=2

What you should do is block this woman on Facebook, if you've got her right.

Both your messages got through to me

Hopefully we can get your old account sorted.

Jim
Mike2003

Post by Mike2003 »

Hi Jman. This is weird. I tried to pm via the shared administrators link given but it gets stuck in the outbox. A couple of days later its in my inbox stating that a message was deleted before it was sent..by the sender!?? I didnt delete it, so who did? Puzzling. Is there some kind of algorithm? So basically public messaging on my son's username is the only way I can contact administrators.

My email address is [email protected]
And my mob number is 07912023909
No being able to pm anyone at all has simply meant this whole issue is having to go public.
Not fair on me or the lady concerned who I understood had currently got plenty else to worry about re personal stuff. She just didnt have sympathy with my own particular issues. All very frustrating.

The only way I can create a new account is to create a Gmail address with a different date of birth. I'm reducing this from the fact I could get a confirming email almost immediately into my son's mail box when I created an account with his email address but not when I created a new one from my Google Gmail account.

Admin can you sort this out please?
JMan

Post by JMan »

I've sent a message to the Admin team with a link to the thread on the forum, so they should at least see it (I've just reported a load of spam as well! )
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Hi Liz,

Sorry in for the delay in getting back to you, but I've now sent you a PM.

Just to reiterate what the others have said; there is no way that someone can blacklist you from every message board on the internet, that is quite frankly a ridiculous threat. We have full control over the site and forum on the Kidney Patient Guide and we decide who and why a user is banned on a case by case basis. This is a place where you should feel safe to speak to others for support and if such harassment were to occur here it would be the harasser who gets blacklisted not the victim. Rest assured that we will never ban someone based on hearsay from a random person on the internet.

Kay
-----
The KPG Team