How to lower creatinine level?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

dreamboy

How to lower creatinine level?

Post by dreamboy »

Hi guys, my father has 500 creatinine level but the doctor is not yet recommending him to undergo dialysis. instead, the doctor prescribed kremezin, a charcoal based from Japan that according to clinical trials, has successfully lowered down creatinine. my father is taking it for 3 weeks now, but yesterday's lab result appeared the crea is still high. maybe we will just try more months since the study is based on 3 months.

Any suggestion how to lower down creatinine? appreciate any help.
wagolynn

Re: How to lower creatinine level?

Post by wagolynn »

As I understand it, the medication should lower urea as well, if not perhaps the dose is too low, it may be worth discussing this with the doctor.
Dibs

Re: How to lower creatinine level?

Post by Dibs »

Ensuring he is drinking 2-3 litres of water a day is what I am always being told