Flank pain 2 weeks after pyeloplasty?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Blair93

Flank pain 2 weeks after pyeloplasty?

Post by Blair93 »

Had pyeloplasty done just over 2 weeks ago and have not had any pain or discomfort front the stent at all. Yesterday, seemingly out of nowhere I started to get some mild flank pain which has not gone away. It hasn't prohibited me from being able to do anything, but it is bothering me. Is it normal to have the stent start to bother me starting 2 weeks after? I don't want to call my doctor if this is something that is common.
wagolynn

Re: Flank pain 2 weeks after pyeloplasty?

Post by wagolynn »

I would suggest you call your doctor. Better to be safe than sorry.
gentooguy

Post by gentooguy »

I'm about 3 months post reduction pyeloplasty and I still frequently have mild right flank pains. It's annoying as hell. Some days are better than others and I'm not sure what brings it on or worsens it. I also occasionally get very short sharp pains in the area. Not sure why.
What was the answer that you got eventually? How are you doing now?
gentooguy

Post by gentooguy »

Could you please post a follow up to this thread? I also went through a pyeloplasty and it's been 6 months so far. I wouldn't say I'm having pain but I definitely have discomfort on and off under / around my rib cage on the side that I had the surgery done. So far though I have't had a dietl's crisis yet. Renal scan showed slow drainage but once injected with the diuretic right kidney cleared out quickly. Right kidney back to regular size not severely ballooned out like before the surgery. Doctor says the blockage is cleared but drainage may be slow. How long does this discomfort / pain last? Some days it's better some days it worse.