post robotic pyeloplasty

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Pinkbecky

post robotic pyeloplasty

Post by Pinkbecky »

Hello everyone,
This is my first post, although I have read some really useful threads on pyeloplasty on here.

I had my op four months ago and I am feeling great. That awful pain has disappeared. I am no longer waking 2/3 times to go to the loo in the night and I am not afraid to drink fluids like I used to. I have even started doing some exercise, the first time since this whole thing started 6 years ago.

I have one niggle and wondered if anyone can help with their experiences. Since having two c sections, I don't really feel a sensation in my bladder. I tend to become aware that my bladder is full as I get a sensation in my kidney. It's not a pain so much, but more of a pressure. And I start to feel irritable like a child would when they need the toilet.
As soon as I empty my bladder the sensation goes.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Becky
gellison1992

Re: post robotic pyeloplasty

Post by gellison1992 »

Hi,

I am familiar with this. I don't get a bladderly sensation to pass water at all. I get pain and pressure on my right side- affected side. I currently self catheterise. Has this only happened since the durgery? How long ago of so?

Hope I have helped

Gemma x
Pinkbecky

Re: post robotic pyeloplasty

Post by Pinkbecky »

Hi Gemma,

I think I may have had this before possibly. I am not sure. But definitely notice it more now.

But everything else seems great. Had a mag 3 done a few weeks ago and have my follow up post surgery with my consultant in a few weeks

I will mention it to him.

Thanks for your reply.

Becky