PIP the saga continues

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

PIP the saga continues

Post by JMan »

How I sometimes wish I had the energy to work.. And not have to keep being harassed by the DWP.. Welfare reform has become beyond a joke.. In fact there's nothing funny at all about the very unfortunately named Personal Independence Payment, which is removing more independence than ever before.

Just before the 6th November I received a letter stating my DLA was ending. There is no 'transfer' to PIP, oh no. Personal Independence Payment is far for personal, and does little to ensure peoples independence.

DLA allowed comments for hobbies, social activities, indeed supported them.

PIP is far more clinical.. Are you still breathing. Do you understand the complex phrase 'The Quick Brown Fox Jumped Over the Lazy Doc' Yes, ATOS classes sentences such as that as 'complex information'

Is exercise beneficial to your health, oh well, you have NO mobility issues. Do you understand your treatment. Well you defiantly DO NOT get brain fog.!

Its now 25th January.. With a lot of help, over 40 hours, I have filled in the 40 page form, gathered pages of supporting evidence, recorded several posted letters and and phone calls, and been interrogated by a nurse working for a foreign IT company.

I waited for 2 hours to be seen, (was allowed to go to lunch) then another 40 minutes for the assessor to go over the form (I'll be 10 minutes she said

I was basically flagging out at that point of the day. (that apparently accounts as being 'relaxed and attentive) . Being there 'on time' means I can 'plan simple and complex journeys' WTF

Now to requesting 'Mandatory Reconsideration.. More Endless Hours of paperwork, phone calls,help from BKPA, requesting Dr's Letters

The Assessors report was full of errors, and garbage (which you kind of expect).

The saga continues..
Thumps

Re: PIP the saga continues

Post by Thumps »

I'm really sorry to hear that, JMan :(
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Re: PIP the saga continues

Post by JMan »

Well I'm now onto the reconsideration going to Tribunal Stage.. as it was with DLA I'm getting necessary help from the Kidney Advocacy officer for my area.
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast