Toxins

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Vee

Toxins

Post by Vee »

[*] My eGFR is currently 13%. Creatinine 367.
I am unable to have dialysis but I'm on the Epo injections weekly.
I am riddled with bruises, particularly on my legs and now I am developing abscesses on my backside.
Has anyone else experiencing toxicity problems?
TIA
Vee. x
Thumps

Re: Toxins

Post by Thumps »

Hi Vee,

Welcome to the forum :) we are a group of patients and carers, not health professionals, so I'm not quite clear what you are asking in your post?

If you're not having dialysis and your eGFR is low then that may be making you feel unwell due to lower ability of your kidneys to do their job. Do discuss this with your GP or medical team. I assume you're being looked after by a renal department somewhere?

Take care,
Thumps
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!
wagolynn

Re: Toxins

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Vee,
The EPO is to boost your red cell count.

With kidney failure our immune system are depressed making is more prone to catching ailments, and slower to get rid of them.

I would draw your doctors attention to the bruising, I do not recognise this as being a normal symptom of kidney failure.
Bruising normally appears when haemodialysis is started, this is due to the anticlotting agents used.

Best wishes.