Help.. Normal eGFR but high level phosphate ..

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Rymend2016

Help.. Normal eGFR but high level phosphate ..

Post by Rymend2016 »

Someone kindly pls advice, Blood tests results reveal Renal function normal, eGFR 89 ml/min/1.73m2, Creatine 96 umol/L .

But phosphate level high at 1.80 mil/L & calcium at 2.63 mil/L.

Please advice & many Thanks,
wagolynn

Re: Help.. Normal eGFR but high level phosphate ..

Post by wagolynn »

I think, your kidneys will make the necessary adjustments to correct these, they are both reasonable in the short term.

I would consult my GP or whoever ordered the blood tests, and see what they have to say.

They will have or may be trying to get an overall picture of your health.
SKM23435

Post by SKM23435 »

I agree with wagolyn.

Other questions would be - what is your PTH (parathyroid hormone) level? Increased levels can cause this.
Diet. Have you had a particularly high phosphate diet pre test? These results are only very slightly high. I suspect your doctor will just repeat them in the first instance.

Let us know how you get on.
Started APD July 2014
On transplant and paired exchange lists.
Transplant 9/5/15
Rymend2016

Post by Rymend2016 »

Thanks, Level drop to normal le. My GP refer a physiologist to me for my depression and anxiety.