Dimensions of Baxters homechoice APD machine

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

newbie123456

Dimensions of Baxters homechoice APD machine

Post by newbie123456 »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the exact dimensions of the Baxters APD machine. I have been searching the Internet for hours and can't find it anywhere!!!!
We only have 50cms at the side of the bed so I'm hoping it's less than that!
Also, can anyone recommend a trolley, preferably metal, 3 tiered. Again I've been searching the Internet for hours and can only find trolleys with a width of 40 or 60 cms!! Rubbish.

Thanks
wagolynn

Re: Dimensions of Baxters homechoice APD machine

Post by wagolynn »

I would expect Baxter's will tell you all you need to know.
Pinkdiamonds14

Post by Pinkdiamonds14 »

Hi newbie
My dad has very recently switched from CAPD onto the overnight APD Baxter machine. I had a query and emailed Baxters and they replied very quickly. The email address I used was: [email protected]. I am sure they will be able to give you exact measurements. I will also ask my dad where he bought his trolley from.
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Dibs

Post by Dibs »

Hi Newbie.

My machine looks like one in the link above. It is 50x38x17cm. You'll need at least 5cm extra for the tubes coming out of the set, so I don't think 50cm will be enough. I was given a small shelving unit by my Homecare team.