xs un needed stock CAPD

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Fred

xs un needed stock CAPD

Post by Fred »

Hi,
My husband was fortunate to have a transplant from a friend a couple of weeks ago. All going well. So we have contacted the CAPD clinic to collect some X stock as Baxter won't. To be honest Baxter were cheeky and sent far too much on Thebes last delivery, even though we told them it was not needed.

CAPD have collected all the unopened boxes, but we must have about £500 of stock they won't take as it is in opened boxes. None of the sterile bags have been opened and it is all useable and well in date. It just seems such a waste that it can't be used.

We have mini caps, drainage bags, extensions pipes, cartridges for APD machine and more. I can't believe that we are just supposed to throw it away.

Any suggestions? Does anyone want it? Can it go to a foreign charity, any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks
rheaybou

Re: xs un needed stock CAPD

Post by rheaybou »

I took fluid and excess bits back to the local PD unit.

They use fluid for emergency/short term prescription changes and the bits for training new PD patients. They however won't collect.
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Hi , we've tried that and are happy to take it to them, but they say they can't use it.

It seems such a waste
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Try other patients, Facebook pages.

Medical machinery can be sold online (you'll be surprised at the dialysis machines on eBay and other seller sites) but I'm not sure about. I've just seen a US sale for Baxter APD product for about 5 quid plus 30 dollars shipping (to the UK).

Have you got anything that could be of second use (such as sterile crepe etc/gauze) which could be sold on eBay..?

If you did sell maybe donate to charity if you feel bad about making the profit:) LOL
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast