TB

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

DeanH

TB

Post by DeanH »

Hi,

I had a kidney/pancreas transplant in March 2015 that appears to be going well so far thankfully, about 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with TB and just wondered if anyone else on here had experienced this at all as getting information and people to talk to about it online seems next to impossible.
bigbuzzard

Re: TB

Post by bigbuzzard »

Hi Dean

Great about the transplant going well. Sorry to hear about TB. Looks like you've already searched online for support; did you come across this group, TBAlert.org?

Good luck.
harryharryharry

Re: TB

Post by harryharryharry »

A friend of mine recently had it. The good news is it is fully treatable. You take meds for 6 months. After a week you are no longer contagious. Best of luck