suggestion... how about introducing ourselves??

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

bigbuzzard

Re: suggestion... how about introducing ourselves??

Post by bigbuzzard »

Hi Marc

Welcome. Hope you find something useful here. If not, start a new topic and ask.

I lived and worked in London for years. I thought I could remember seeing a building somewhere called the Shaftesbury Hospital but couldn't remember where. Just looked it up:
http://ezitis.myzen.co.uk/shaftesbury.html - I worked nearby in the 1990s.

Bb
Rik

Post by Rik »

Hi Marc ...
welcome to KPG
I too was operated on as a kid quite a few times by Innes Williams ... not a name I have thought of for years!!
firstly at Great Ormond Street ...
when I got to be too old for there I was moved to the Shaftesbury ... (more ops there too) ...
as I got older I was moved on to St Philips up by the Olde Curiosity Shoppe near the strand ...
the Shaftesbury & St Philips were part of the St Peters group that was eventually swallowed up into the Middlesex ... and in turn ...the Royal Free ... which is where I go now

as BB said ... a great website is Lost Hopitals of London
VKumar

Post by VKumar »

Iam a carer of my mother, she had dialysis treatment for more than 1 year, when i surfing about kidney patients food, i saw this forum. For my mom, i just read and know more details about the dialysis process and all . :D
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Thats brilliant, welcome to the group:)
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Reckenzie

Post by Reckenzie »

Hello guys,

New member into this board. I would like to say hello to all. Hope you are okey so far?

Thank you so much!
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Hello, and Welcome:D

J
Wokie

Post by Wokie »

Greetings from Australia. I'm at Stage 4 Kidney failure at 22% function. Currently being set up for dialysis
amethyst

Post by amethyst »

I've been a member of the site for years, but haven't posted or looked at it for a long while now, so re-introducing myself as Edwina, living in Norfolk, transplanted at Addenbrookes thirty years ago, and interested to hear from any others transplanted at that time, and at Cambridge too perhaps? Also anyone who dialysed at PMRAF Hospital Halton in Buckinghamshire in the mid to late 80s.
Gillian

Post by Gillian »

Hi, I was diagnosed just over a year ago with Stage Three Chronic Kidney Disease. From reading some of the posts here, I can see that my situation is not as serious as for many of you, but I look forward to finding advice here and getting to know people.

Gillian
Gillian

Post by Gillian »

Ps I am from Northern Ireland and am married with 4 adult children, 3 of whom are on the autistic spectrum. 1 of these has a right kidney which is only partially functional, having had a urethral reflux as a baby. Both of us lead fairly 'normal' lives.

Gillian
Dylanmace

Post by Dylanmace »

Hello I'm 40 from Cornwall I went straight to stage three , because of taking ibaprofen to regular unreal.
It's kinda rocked my world , I'm not gunna be ashamed to write I've suffered some horrible bouts of anxiety panic attacks
I've lost my partner and all but my brother in the last 4 years so it's been one rough ride
The dr encouraged me to go for a walk in hospital I did and spun right out
My confidence took a hammering .
I'm pretty strong mentally think I must be to still be hear
I was down to 4% but left hospital at 26% they were fantastic I think they could suss how nervous I was

Nice to meet you all Dylan
Gillian

Post by Gillian »

Hello Dylan,

Welcome to the group, although I am just four days ahead of you in membership.

Did you have high blood pressure when you were taking the ibuprofen? I'm glad you got treated before your situation became even more serious.

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure several years ago, but nobody made it clear that taking ibuprofen or even the one specially for migraines was not a good idea. When I had a couple of not very good kidney function readings I was told my diagnosis of chronic kidney disease. The practice nurse, who gave me the diagnosis told me I shouldn't be taking ibuprofen, so the fact that I had been taking them obviously didn't help very much.

I hope you'll start feeling more reassured and your feelings of anxiety will calm down.

Gillian
Stav

Post by Stav »

Hi.

My name is Stav, 37 and live in the UK. Essex to be precise!

I was diangnised with IGA Nephropathy in 2000. I was at CKD 1 up until July 2014 when my GFR reading hit 57. Yesterday it was 37. I know my lifestyle hasn't been great and I am tomout that right now. Would love to hear from anyone of similar age and GFR and to hear how their lifestyle change has helped/not helped. Actually it would be nice to hear from anyone as this has hit me quite hard. [email protected]

Thanks and good luck guys x
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Stav,

All is not lost, this link may help you understand.

http://www.kidney.org.uk/help-and-info/ ... isease-iga

If the link raises more questions post them, I am sure there will be a response.

Best wishes.
Stav

Post by Stav »

Thankyou