18 Months and Counting!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Grey

18 Months and Counting!

Post by Grey »

Hi, 18 Months since my transplant and counting. Because I lived most of my life in sunny Africa, I was already a high risk of skin cancer, so toddle off every 6 months for a full body check and apart from numerous BCC and the odd SCC surgical removals things are going well. Actually due to have another one cut out towards the end of this month, but hey, ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN DIALYSIS ! CHIN UP, THERE IS LIFE AFTER TRANSPLANT AND HOPEFULLY LOTS OF IT!
After a long time of waiting an anonymous donor has arrived in my life.
Words cannot express my gratitude to this lady and my paired exchange wife donor making it all possible
transplant 19th June 2015...Going very well mind you 2 years later
Dixie1

Re: 18 Months and Counting!

Post by Dixie1 »

Great to hear all is going well Grey. :)
SKM23435

Post by SKM23435 »

Delighted to hear all is going well. Hope Mrs Grey is well too.

There is life after transplant. I am also 18 months post transplant. Just been very brave and been on holiday to Italy for a week. It feels very nerve wracking leaving the safety of being able to get to my local consultant if necessary. Don't think my husband could quite understand my anxieties. However had a fantastic holiday. Had my first swim in over 3 years (never tried it while on PD). Used lots of SF50. My only observation was the cost of being well hydrated- drinking my 2 litres plus of water and being charged 50 euro cents (£0.50) every time I wanted a pee, which was a lot! I could now write a book on the public facilities around Sorrento.

Sue
Started APD July 2014
On transplant and paired exchange lists.
Transplant 9/5/15
sporti

Post by sporti »

Congratulations Grey! Great news. Same for me as well. Physically I'm so fit its amazing! Mentally I'm nuts from the dreaded Prograf!! Hallucinating now! So they want to try me on the extended release once a day Prograf. I'm not sure rather be nuts than change dosesge at moment but looking into it. Glad to hear from you and Sue. We were all transplanted at same time. Xx