HTA Statement Advice

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

scwebb

HTA Statement Advice

Post by scwebb »

Hi all. I've got my transplant date through (15th Sept) and all my pre-op appointments. In the info for the HTA Interview it says I should write a statement of why I want my sister's kidney (er, 'cause I don't want to die?) Any advice on what I should put in it, how it should be phrased etc? :?
rheaybou

Re: HTA Statement Advice

Post by rheaybou »

That's a strange or new request from the HTA. At Sheffield my donor and I had to be assessed, but it appeared a formality.

Both of us emerging fin our meeting with red eyes! What to write on a statement, I really wish I could tell you what I said, but I think I just burst into tears when she asked what a transplant would mean. First the process you have both been through, what you will both go through and the risk involved is no doubt something that you have spent a long time thinking about day and night.

A second chance, a new start, a life without dialysis, a gift that is given with love to help another.....
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.