anybody with low GFR( mine is 20) and still continue to work

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Thelma

Re: anybody with low GFR( mine is 20) and still continue to

Post by Thelma »

I worked full time until my transplant. I'm not sure I'd have been able to do so on dialysis, but I was lucky and skipped that bit!
Transplanted 31st July 2012 - Vasculitis survivor
SKM23435

Re: anybody with low GFR( mine is 20) and still continue to

Post by SKM23435 »

Freddyy,

I did the same as you. eGFR about 8. Still worked. Did reduce my hours a bit. Tried to go to gym 2-3 times a week. Regime got less strenuous with time. Was on dialysis (APD) for year pre transplant but it certainly made a difference to my personal recovery. Only had a 5 day hospital stay (and it would have been 4 days but I needed a transfusion). For those that can I'm convinced keeping active (I hesitate to use the word fit) makes a difference. It's not training for the olymics that counts just keeping going.

Best wishes
Sue
Started APD July 2014
On transplant and paired exchange lists.
Transplant 9/5/15