kidney pillow

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

jenjen

kidney pillow

Post by jenjen »

Look what my friend is gonna buy me , he hopes to precipitate a kidney transplant for me soon

The Kidney Pillowâ„¢ has a distinctive kidney shape ideal for aiding transplant recipients, living donors and dialysis patients with their recoveries. This pillow provides lasting emotional and physical relief that your patients can hold on to.

This special pillow delivers:

• The perfect shape, size, and firmness for kidney and pancreas procedures
• Comfortable support for tender incision areas
• Reduction of physical pain
• Added comfort during dialysis to support the neck or arm as the patient develops their fistula
• Essential emotional support for the often stressful treatment and recovery periods

http://www.therapeuticpillows.com
Last edited by jenjen on Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenjen

Post by jenjen »

Or, how about one of these stressballs for exercising that fistula?

http://www.stressballs.co.uk/ProductLis ... Criteria=6
Sueleic

Post by Sueleic »

I just love um both!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

Sue
x
clet123

Re: kidney pillow

Post by clet123 »

jenjen wrote:Look what my friend is gonna buy me , he hopes to precipitate a kidney transplant for me soon

The Kidney Pillowâ„¢ has a distinctive kidney shape ideal for aiding transplant recipients, living donors and dialysis patients with their recoveries. This pillow provides lasting emotional and physical relief that your patients can hold on to.

This special sea horse pillow delivers:

• The perfect shape, size, and firmness for kidney and pancreas procedures

• Comfortable support for tender incision areas

• Reduction of physical pain

• Added comfort during dialysis to support the neck or arm as the patient develops their fistula

• Essential emotional support for the often stressful treatment and recovery periods

http://www.therapeuticpillows.com
Please tell me ...What is kidney pillow?
rheaybou

Re: kidney pillow

Post by rheaybou »

I was given a support device post transplant by my amazing nurse team. It was a bedsheet folded up and secured with surgical tape.

Just used it to give support when getting in and out of bed. Best bit about it was that it was recycled and I hope reused for many more recipients ;-)
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.