Holiday insurance

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

UKpils

Holiday insurance

Post by UKpils »

I',m nearing end stage renal failure, function around 14%, undergoing tests for my fitness for a transplant and having an ultrasound tomorrow in preparation for my fistula. I'm going to Canada later this month, any suggestions on travelling insurance companies that cover our sort of conditions.
Dibs

Re: Holiday insurance

Post by Dibs »

Hi. I used http://www.traveltimeinsurance.co.uk/ for a break to Spain while on CAPD recently. They were the cheapest I found, which might not be a good thing if you need to call upon their services while you're away.
UKpils

Post by UKpils »

Thx will have a look
jooles

Post by jooles »

I have had the site Moneysavingexpert.com which is really comprehensive and can direct you to many companies which will insure you at various stages of your illness / treatment. In the last, I've used Freedom and recently GoTravel. They make an interesting g point about ensuring your travel companion is insured with same company in order that they also be covered for return home in the case that you need to return quickly. Good luck and happy travels!
FSGS
Born 1966
APD Sept 2103 - March 2015
DCD Transplant QA Portsmouth 19th March 2015