Cruises

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

thecat2008

Cruises

Post by thecat2008 »

Hi all,
Has anyone been on a hemo dialysis cruise, as I have a big birthday next year and would like to do something special.

Any comments please
mildredthecat

Re: Cruises

Post by mildredthecat »

Hello fellow cat.
I haven't done it but have sent for a brochure and info and am a bit
confused by the dialysis prices. I'm unsure if we can claim the money back after.
thecat2008

Post by thecat2008 »

Hello, where do you live and which company have you sent brochures for please.
chrisb

Post by chrisb »

I have booked a dialysis cruise for September. The dialysis costs more than the cruise . Check with your Trust what they will refund, if anything. Although it was confirmed to me before I booked that all my dialysis costs would be covered the Trust changed their holiday rules 4 months later and I was left with no alternative but to find another £2,000.00. Together with the appropriate insurance it has proved to be a very very expensive holiday and that's before I think about excursions. Let's hope it turns out to be a holiday to remember for all the right reasons :roll:
thecat2008

Post by thecat2008 »

What company have you booked with please.
chrisb

Post by chrisb »

Dia lysis at Sea
mildredthecat

Post by mildredthecat »

cruisedialysis.com great holidays better get saving as I'm looking at about 4k