Life Insurance post transplant

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

DeanH

Life Insurance post transplant

Post by DeanH »

Hi All,

I think I can already guess the answer to this but does anyone have any experience of obtaining some form of life insurance post transplant?
Chris Wright

Re: Life Insurance post transplant

Post by Chris Wright »

DeanH wrote:Hi All,

I think I can already guess the answer to this but does anyone have any experience of obtaining some form of life insurance post transplant?

You've guessed right!

But others may have had more luck.

C
Transplanted Sept 1981

Still enjoying life like a 21 year old, or younger!
rheaybou

Re: Life Insurance post transplant

Post by rheaybou »

Luckily I have life insurance with my present company that was part of the package pre renal failure.

However I am buying a new house and have lots of people trying to sort me with life insurance. Lot these companies try and see what they offer, it may cover accidental/car crash but not renal related? I am waiting for my premium to come back!
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.