Bilateral Renal Parenchymal Disease

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

lev

Bilateral Renal Parenchymal Disease

Post by lev »

Hi can anyone please help me explain what this disease is? Is it the same with CKD? My doctor was not so clear with his explanation. He didnt even told what percentage i currently am in my kidney function, he just told me that Im already at stage 4. My creatinine is 1.9 and my urine protein is 370. currently experiencing a lot of symptoms like hypertension, puffiness around the eyes, i also have this spasm-like pain in my kidney area, it felt like theres a sore or something, the pain is totally bearable since i have it for 4 week already but its such an annoying pain. cant live a quality life bcoz of this.. can anyone please help. i wud really appreciate your response. thank you

-God is good all the time -
yeh

Re: Bilateral Renal Parenchymal Disease

Post by yeh »

urine protein 370 is not a lot, just little protein leaking.

unless 370g
lev

Post by lev »

can we conclude that im already at stage 4 based on my numbers?
gnarledcrayon

Post by gnarledcrayon »

yeh wrote:urine protein 370 is not a lot, just little protein leaking.

unless 370g
Yep. But I don't think it's 370g per liter... My urine protein is currently 3.19 grams per liter, which is a lot less than the almost 12 grams per liter that I leaked before I started therapy.

What's the most you guys have had? Not a competition, just trying to get a broader picture. :mrgreen:
lev

Post by lev »

this was the random urine protein/creatinine lab test. the numbers shown on my result was 0.37, the doctor converted it into 370. i really dont know what that means. i also found some research that when ur urine protein is more than 300 then u have an advanced kidney damage.
yeh

Post by yeh »

gnarledcrayon wrote:

unless 370g
Yep. But I don't think it's 370g per liter... My urine protein is currently 3.19 grams per liter, which is a lot less than the almost 12 grams per liter that I leaked before I started therapy.

What's the most you guys have had? Not a competition, just trying to get a broader picture. :mrgreen:
hi i am 34 this year with lupus nephritis class Iv, now ckd. creatinine around 2.
my urine protein is about 0.6.

but one things i have to say here, if we control well for urine protein which is less than 0.3 the best, blood pressure. and sugar level.

then we can keep our kidney as long as we can. like my creatinine has veen hopping around 140-180 for about 8-9 years time. miracle!!

dont give up hope!
gnarledcrayon

Post by gnarledcrayon »

yeh wrote:
gnarledcrayon wrote:

unless 370g
my creatinine has veen hopping around 140-180 for about 8-9 years time. miracle!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:
yeh

Post by yeh »

gnarledcrayon wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
What is this face mean?

Yes since 2008 to 2016 March.
I have little protein which usually less than 0.3 and my creatinine is hopping around 150 to 180.
Is it a good control?
gnarledcrayon

Post by gnarledcrayon »

It just means I'm surprised. Since my kidney problem is 'only' related to protein in the urine, my levels of creatinine are very low compared to yours - in fact, mostly in the 'normal' reference values.
lev

Post by lev »

hey guyz.. thank you so much for your response. twas great to know those information. anyway i just had anothe lab results earlier and i got the results just now. ill go back to my doctor tomorrow to explain my numbers. however id like to share to u guyz my result and please tell me if what i have is something that i need to worry or no. these are the ff:
creatinine - 1.64
BUN - 14
potassium - 4.1
uric acid - 8.1
albumin - 3.8
urine protein - 0.21 / 210

there three results came out abnormal, those are creatinine, urine protein and uric acid.
what do u think with this number guyz?
appreciate all ur response

-God is good all the time-
yeh

Post by yeh »

gnarledcrayon wrote:It just means I'm surprised. Since my kidney problem is 'only' related to protein in the urine, my levels of creatinine are very low compared to yours - in fact, mostly in the 'normal' reference values.
Well I have 23 years of history of lupus nephritis.
In the first 10 years my creatinine is normal and as Low as just 0.6.
However due to several flare up and inflation. It slowly progress to CKD.
I do read some of the forunmmer here also LN with dialysis
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »