stage 4? help

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

lev

stage 4? help

Post by lev »

Hi. Im new here.. I came from the Philippines. sorry for intruding in this forum. I just need some support group. Im 27 years old and was diagnosed with Renal Disease 5years ago and I was 21 years old then. I have had uncontrollable hypertension and I believe that stress from work has been the major contributor aside from poor diet. Because I was so concerned with my health I visited the hospital and did some blood works. My ultrasound result shows I havr Bilateral Renal Parenchymal Disease, My doctor was not really clear about his explanation but what he said was its the same with CKD. (does ultrasound doesnt show ckd as their findings?) My creatinine serum was 1.9, i have leakage protein in my urine of 370. My doctor told me Im already at stage 4.. Im really confused right now. Can someone please enlighten me what stage of kidney disease I really am? It seems to me that the doctor has not been so cooperative and looking not so concerned at all, no sympathy or anything. I have also been experiencing kidney pain for 4weeks now but its a bearable pain, but enough to notice the pain, cant live quality life having this annoying pain. i dont know how to treat this. I have been eliminating salt, meat, fish, poultry on my diet. Been exercising regularly. But it seems that im feeling worse now. Im generally ill. Can someone please help and enlighten me. Thank you

I have always been hopeful that the Lord will help me get through this disease as long as i am helping myself as well.. And the same with everyone else in this forum
yeh

Re: stage 4? help

Post by yeh »

Hi I am 34 female from Singapore.
My creatinine is 205 and with urine protein of 610
So I do not worry much.
Kidney needs blood TOo.

Well if you don't eat enough meat or enough foods.
Then you will lack of blood and ended up more sick.

I have this problem during my jan and March hospital stay.

Just carry on your life as per normal and eat as per normal.
lev

Re: stage 4? help

Post by lev »

really?? so i need to do the normal eating habit that i usually had before? well, actually what u said makes a lot of sense because before when im not restricting myself too much i live life normally. not feeling sick at all.. so is that what i needed to do as well? what stage currently are u? does it also makes sense that my kidney disease is at stage 4 based on my blood works? i really appreciate ur reply. Hope ur feeling better. God is with us. Prayer is so powerful.