Suggestion for swelling

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Vyoma

Suggestion for swelling

Post by Vyoma »

Hi all,

I come to this forum to get a proper guide on kidney issues.
I am writing on behalf of my dad. He is a kidney patient with creatinine of 3. He has high bp and diabetes as well.
Currently he was diagonised with sleep apnea and as such he is wearing cpap machine every night.
My concern is that he wears the machine whole night but he still feels drowsiness and tiredness whole day. He also has swelling on feef and face. Kindly advise
wagolynn

Re: Suggestion for swelling

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Vyoma,
I am sorry to read of your dad's condition.

Without more information on dad's blood results we cannot make any comparison with our experience of kidney failure.

I would suggest, even if we had more information, the best for him would be to make sure the doctor is fully aware of your concerns.

The high blood pressure is not good for him or his kidneys, and needs dealing with quickly, this involves the right medication, and no added salt in his food, (none in cooking, and non added when eating)

High blood pressure, kidney failure or low red cell count, will make dad likely to feel, and look tired.

High blood pressure or kidney failure will cause retention of fluid showing as, swollen ankles/feet, and face.

I hope what little I can say is of some help, come back if you have more questions.

Best wishes to you both.