Re: no friends

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Shazzum

Post by Shazzum »

Hi I'm a parent to a 22 yr old daughter with ckd (transplanted Oct 2013). I'm wondering if anyone knows of any groups for young adults also her creatine is up and down lowest atm is 267 gfr 19. I just need to help her speak to other young adults going through ckd. Thank you for reading.
chrisb

Post by chrisb »

Have you tried your local Kidney Patient Association. Personally mine is useless but you may be luckier in your area
Shazzum

Post by Shazzum »

To be honest we have just been 'left to it' I wouldn't know where to start
chrisb

Post by chrisb »

I was exactly the same. I suggest you google (your County) Kidney Patient Association. ☺
yeh

Post by yeh »

hi i am 34 years old this year.
can email me [email protected]
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Young NKF, if your in the UK, away day weekends for young kidney patients, and peer to peer support.

http://www.kidney.org.uk/youngnkf/

https://www.facebook.com/YoungNKF-13093 ... 8/?fref=ts

Details of the away weekend are on the Facebook page.

Tracy Sinclair can be contact on Facebook of via the NKF (see website contact details.)