Was My Post Deleted - Documentary Screening

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Robert Mazure

Re: Was My Post Deleted - Documentary Screening

Post by Robert Mazure »

Hi Rik,

Yeah, listen I totally get where you're coming from. But let me just first answer one criticism / comment:

The link that you put up as the 'hospital' that I'd been to, that had been attended by Narendra Modi. No, that wasn't the hospital that I'd been to. Like I said, the place where I was at is a hospital, recognised by the Govt of India - hence the PM attended. I'll try and find the link on YouTube where he's addressing everyone at the event that was put on. Once again, you got the wrong place. The place that I visited is the world's leading centre for Yoga Research, which is attended regularly by Western Scientists, the Discovery Channel also went along and did their own recording - not while I was there, it was a different time.

Homeopathy: Yeah great, it's obviously helped a lot of people, but I'm not talking homeopathy.

So anyway, I'm not offering you a cure. I'm not telling you what to eat or what not to eat. I said that in my original post. I'm also not telling you that I can 'cure' you, because I can't. I'm saying that there's a place where people are treated and the conditions are controlled, patients are taken off dialysis gradually and are eventually discharged with a protocol that they must follow. If they follow this protocol then they are able to stay off dialysis. If they don't follow the protocol then markers for disease will increase and they'll need to go back on dialysis.

Is that a bit clearer. I didn't say cure. And maybe I wasn't clear enough. I didn't mean that people receive treatment and then they get taken off dialysis, and then everything's hunky dory and they can forget all about it. They need to follow a strict protocl. If this isn't followed then they'll end up back on dialysis.

It's like for example diabetes. It's related to diet and stress. But lets take diet. It can be controlled with both correct nutrition and also exercise. In which case people, in the main, won't need pharmaceutical drugs. If however the return to a sedentary lifestyle and don't observe correct dietary habits, then blood sugar will go shooting up and they'll need their drugs again. I'm talking about controlling conditions, not curing.

So, you told me that you're on a high horse, and you do have every right to be, but, does that make a bit more sense??

Rob.
AmberH

Post by AmberH »

Oh my goodness this post is getting absolutely ridiculous!

Someone can't just be taken off dialysis and follow a strict protocol and be fine. Dialysis is the strict protocol!

And diabetes is a much more complicated disease that diet and stress?! Sure, diabetes type 2 can be linked to diet, but diabetes type 1 is a completely different ball game. My husband had this since age 8, are you telling me he got it because he was stressed?!

Honestly, I think you're just on here looking for reactions and someone to debate with and it looks like I've fallen into that trap!
Robert Mazure

Post by Robert Mazure »

Yeah, diabetes has more to do with just diet and exercise correct. But that's a major part of it, unless like you said you're Type 1.

PEOPLE: What's the problem??? I've BEEN to the hospital and INTERVIEWED the doctors AND THE PATIENTS. I know what I'm talking about and it's going to be there for you to watch. And to be honest it will be there for you to watch, whether you like it or not. Whether you kick and shout and scream or cuss. Whatever. It's not going anywhere.

So kick and shout and scream, it will be there. I don't think I'm going to bother continuing this post. But I will paste a link sometime when the documentary is ready. And then you can kick and shout and scream some more, but that wont make a difference to me or to the people that actually get treated.

Rob.
rheaybou

Post by rheaybou »

The message here starts to unravel.

I think the Dr's you interviewed need to go back to medical school and learn the dictionary difference between CHRONIC and ACUTE. Also the Professor and Fellow at Harvard and Stanford need to double check the research they have worked on/passed/put their name to.

India also has the fastest growing percentage of patients needing dialysis on the Asian continent outside of China, so the methods you are suggesting that are working.....clearly are not.

If you can't give the names of the people backing this research then I dont want you to post a link. I smell an offshoot of the famous Duncan Capicchiano who also tries to sell 'cures' in long winded scams similar to this through diet and his books.
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.
Rik

Post by Rik »

so far Rob ... you are being considered a nuisance by many on this forum ...
Amber seems to have hit the nail on the head by suggesting that all you are doing is looking for reactions ... which you have had ...
I've BEEN to the hospital and INTERVIEWED the doctors AND THE PATIENTS. I know what I'm talking about
so you say ... but to be honest ... your cloak and dagger mystery is beginning to bore ...
because if one actually reads what is being said ... it's actually nothing ...
being suggested ... yes ... being said ... no ...
you can kick and shout and scream some more, but that wont make a difference to me or to the people that actually get treated.
there is much on the internet posted by charlatan's that I don't agree with ... but I am not going to lose sleep over it ...

those tempted to reply more to this thread ... please ... I suggest to those tempted to bite the bait being posted on this thread ... bite your tongue instead ... that is my intention from this point ...
I will paste a link sometime when the documentary is ready
if at the end of the day Rob posts something that is considered to breach the Forum guidelines ... I'm sure Admin will see fit to remove it
Robert Mazure

Post by Robert Mazure »

Some people are open minded and are happy to listen to something new. Other people aren't. It's as simple as that. You guys aren't interested so I'm not going to bother wasting my time any further.

The last thing I'm going to do is waste my time trying to convince you guys of anything. You've already made up your minds up. Congratulations.

Rob.
rheaybou

Post by rheaybou »

Robert Mazure wrote:Some people are open minded and are happy to listen to something new. Other people aren't. It's as simple as that. You guys aren't interested so I'm not going to bother wasting my time any further.

The last thing I'm going to do is waste my time trying to convince you guys of anything. You've already made up your minds up. Congratulations.

Rob.
Why would you need to convince anyone, you have a link for a proven solution.
Robert Mazure wrote:Yeah, diabetes has more to do with just diet and exercise correct. But that's a major part of it, unless like you said you're Type 1.

PEOPLE: What's the problem??? I've BEEN to the hospital and INTERVIEWED the doctors AND THE PATIENTS. I know what I'm talking about and it's going to be there for you to watch. And to be honest it will be there for you to watch, whether you like it or not. Whether you kick and shout and scream or cuss. Whatever. It's not going anywhere.

So kick and shout and scream, it will be there. I don't think I'm going to bother continuing this post. But I will paste a link sometime when the documentary is ready. And then you can kick and shout and scream some more, but that wont make a difference to me or to the people that actually get treated.

Rob.
That's twice you promised not to bother continuing.......try a third.
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

==
Alports.
Grey

Post by Grey »

When this chap can post "reputable peer reviewed papers by WESTERN researchers, someone may pay some attention. Until then it is plain waffle ! Best ignored in the interests of your own safety and well being.
After a long time of waiting an anonymous donor has arrived in my life.
Words cannot express my gratitude to this lady and my paired exchange wife donor making it all possible
transplant 19th June 2015...Going very well mind you 2 years later
Solo

Post by Solo »

What exactly Is this persons qualifications? ( Robert Mazure )
Somehow I can't see hospital admin allowing just anyone to " interview " their Doctors...

Solo
MatthewC

Post by MatthewC »

Rik wrote:every once in a while someone comes to the forum claiming to be the bearer of a previously unknown miracle cure ...
and I get on my high horse and say ...
'give it a rest fella ... do you think we would be wasting our time here if there was a miracle cure!!'
Absolutely. My brother is a GP; once, when I had a suspected gallstone, I found a simple "cure" online which did not involve surgery and asked him if it worked. He said to me "If it was proven to work, don't you think us doctors would recommend it wherever appropriate?"
rheaybou

Post by rheaybou »

MatthewC wrote:
Rik wrote:every once in a while someone comes to the forum claiming to be the bearer of a previously unknown miracle cure ...
and I get on my high horse and say ...
'give it a rest fella ... do you think we would be wasting our time here if there was a miracle cure!!'
Absolutely. My brother is a GP; once, when I had a suspected gallstone, I found a simple "cure" online which did not involve surgery and asked him if it worked. He said to me "If it was proven to work, don't you think us doctors would recommend it wherever appropriate?"
He is wrong, there is a cure for everything, it's just a conspiracy to keep us all buying drugs. I would much rather take my chances with herbs and spices......Maybe a three piece KFC meal is all we really need :D

==
Alports.
Rik

Post by Rik »

rheaybou wrote: I would much rather take my chances with herbs and spices......Maybe a three piece KFC meal is all we really need
never had a KFC ...
it probably explains why I went through renal failure ...
dammit ... where is a snake oil salesman when you need one!!!!!