Protein Creatinine Ratio

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Johnylefox

Protein Creatinine Ratio

Post by Johnylefox »

Hello,

I am 39 year old IGA male. Diganosed biopsy confirmed 12 months ago.

I have today been informed by protein creatinine ration is 163, up from 145 in August and 100 earlier this year.

My creatine was 110 in October but tends to go up and down from around 90 to 127 which was my all time (known) high.

Since the early part of the year when my per was 100 I was instructed to reduce my Ibersartan intake from 150 per day to 75.

I am wondering about the significance of the PCR. And if the reduction in Ibersartan is the cause of the increase in PCR.

Also, I have some pain in my back on my left side just under the rib although it moves around. Could this be kidney related?

Thank you, and best wishes to you.

John