my body exudes the smell of urine.HELP!!!!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Re: my body exudes the smell of urine.HELP!!!!

Post by JMan »

romstal wrote:JMan...analyzes are well
acid uric seric 5.2 reference range:3.5-7.2
serum creatine 1.1 reference range:0.9-1.3

Are you a doctor?
Nope, I'm not a doctor, just an experienced patient.

But those that mentioned diet could be right, but diet change needs to be done under med supervision. That 'smell' is urea, a waste product of protien being broken down by your the body. There may be a different reason for your symptoms but in this day and age medics should be able to find a solution.

I understand your problem, as a long term kidney patient I've experienced the, smelling like a latrine! And its not funny.

Even now as a heamodialysis patient if I eat a lot of protien between treatments my breath can begin to smell, as can my sweat.
jbell

Post by jbell »

JMan my breath has recently taken a turn for the worse and I have the most horrible taste in my mouth all the time, I am getting self conscious about speaking to people. I nkow my protein levels have gone very high, do you think it could be uric acid I can taste and smell ? jbell :)
Age 48
CKD diagnosed 2010
Diabetic chronic complications since age 12
Registered Blind 2000
Need kidney/pancreas tx
Egfr 12
romstal

Post by romstal »

Thanks, I currently do not undergo treatment, I'm going to do a CT comuterizata know exactly what it is, do you think it is dialysis?
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

I think that is Rumanian! for a CT scan, have you tried Google? - Multiple X-ray images when viewed on a computer give a 3D representation. Superseded by, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), similar thing without exposure to X-Rays.
romstal

Post by romstal »

I searched on google, thank you. i'm not Rumanian
Rik

Post by Rik »

Hi romstal ...
Wagolynn did not suggest YOU were Romanian ...
its just that when one googles CT comuterizata it takes you to Romanian websites ...
I know when I did the first one it suggested was This so its hardly surprising she thought it was Romanian for a CT Scan ... and the rest on the google page were for Romanian websites ...
obviously your from another country where as most us ... though not all ... are based in the UK ...
maybe it would help you if you told us which country you are based and your nationality ...
then it helps us with any suggestions in trying to help you ...
jooles

Post by jooles »

HEY! GREY! Come and teach one of my lessons!!!! This grammatical error drives me besirk! Forget the anchor men / women, EVEN the BBCs lead journalists now think this is correct! In fact I hate to say it, but the use of the imperfect seems to be quite prolific amongst us teachers too! Powerpoint slides are often detected with this infernal error! Together with 'off of', misuse of the apostrophe, and incorrect spelling of 'definite' and 'separate', these are the concerns of my daily life! (when I'm not worrying about laxatives, drain pain and what to cook for tea!!)

However, I am not 'holier than thou' and at times, like to be pretend my own errors are typoss'ss!!

Jooles
FSGS
Born 1966
APD Sept 2103 - March 2015
DCD Transplant QA Portsmouth 19th March 2015
romstal

Post by romstal »

Vejovian

Post by Vejovian »

Romstal..hi... I don't think people here are either trying to be difficult or even ignoring you. I suspect they, like me, just don't have an answer or even any good suggestions. Sorry.
romstal

Post by romstal »

ok, thanks!!
romstal

Post by romstal »

....?
romstal

Post by romstal »

....?
please help
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Google shows many many suggestions, not prognosis, or diagnosis for those symptoms.
Really a doctor should be able to run enough tests to find out what is causing the symptoms, and therefore an appropriate treatment.

Good luck
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
mrppuran

Post by mrppuran »

hi my body release smell like urine, since then have nausea, body burning sensation, and poor sleep can any one help me this problem pleas
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Hello mrppuran,
the best thing for you is to see a doctor.

Best wishes