Silly question!!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Nikki

Silly question!!

Post by Nikki »

:D Hi everyone, hope you're all well.
Just a quick question and a bit of a silly one!
I have come off my pill recently and hence my skin and periods are all over the place, someone told me to take evening primrose oil capsules-is that allowed for transplant patients? I'm sure it is cause I've been allowed other supplements before.
Thanks, stay well. :wink:
Iain

evening primrose oil

Post by Iain »

Hi Nikki.
I think taking evening primrose oil should be OK for transplant patients, I haven't read about any interactions with any other drugs or effects on the kidneys. Probably best to let your transplant unit know about it and try not to take it at the same time as any of your other meds to be on the safe side.
Iain.
Father Dougal: Come on, Ted. A Volkswagen with a mind of its own. If that isn't scary, I don't know what is.
amanda in CA

I agree with Iain

Post by amanda in CA »

Hi, Nikki, I do recall that I took evening primrose oil with no problems so I'm sure you will be fine. However, I do agree with Iain about asking your transplant unit, regarding anything that you take, even complementary medicines. Best wishes. Amanda
Nikki

Thanks!

Post by Nikki »

:)
I will do, many thanks Iain and Amanda!! x