naging throb post transplant.

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

CAROL COLEMAN

naging throb post transplant.

Post by CAROL COLEMAN »

Hi
Not been on here for a while.
Just a curiosity question. Almost 2yr since transplant. Last couple days having a nigling throb round kidney area. Not at clinic for two weeks. Any ideas.

Carol
C Coleman
Bbhoy65

Re: naging throb post transplant.

Post by Bbhoy65 »

Hi carol,just seen your post. I received my transplant two years and two months ago after almost four years haemo-dialysis. On occasions I also have had dull pain around the kidney area ,particularly after walking any distance. Consultant suggested muscle or nerve damage due to surgery. There has been no real improvement and was therefore quite worrying. My consultant has explained that on occasion these problems are never fully explained but are not any real threat to a transplanted organ or general health. Having said that obviously best to ask at your next hospital visit. Hope things turn out ok. Bbhoy65
rheaybou

Post by rheaybou »

The new kidney has no nerves, I thought in the few wekks post TX I had pain. I spoke to the surgeon and he explained it this way.....

"I made a pocket large enough to get a kidney and my hands into your abdomen, over time the tissue will regrow around the kidney and you will get some feelings of discomfort"

Now lucky for me my surgeon has small hands!

Any time I have a niggle, slightly higher temperature, cough, runny mose I panic and think I will do forever. It's something we have to deal with and I am happy to.

I hope you get the same reply from your Doc on the next clinic visit and it helps ease any fears
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.
CAROL COLEMAN

Post by CAROL COLEMAN »

Sorry for late reply, but thank you both for your repys. That has put my mind at rest. Thank you .
C Coleman
Caitwith3kidneys

Post by Caitwith3kidneys »

I had a stenosis in my renal artery which now has a stent in it. Does anyone experience the sensation of rapid blood flow into their new kidney?