Dialysis centers in UK

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

aronoel

Dialysis centers in UK

Post by aronoel »

Hello, everyone. This is my first appearance and wonder if anyone can help. My husband who is on dialysis three times weekly, and I live in Portugal. We need to come to England for a week on family business and I am having some difficulty in finding information about dialysis centers. We will be in the Canterbury, Kent, area.
I'm looking forward to the prospect of learning more about help and support in our situation from all members!
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Try www.globaldialysis.com

However be warned that a lot of government run dialysis centres may not have space on the dates you request. Enquiries to private units may be an option..

There are also some other users of this board who are familiar with the Kent area & may be able to help you..

hope this helps
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
aronoel

dialysis centers in UK

Post by aronoel »

thanks for that, JMan. No more inputs yet, but still hoping. I wonder if there are private units other than Gambro and Fresenius. These two don't seem to have anyting anywhere the area I need. No more did globaldialysis seem to be any help.
Cheers from Portugal!
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Dear Aronoel

Im not sure about dialysing in England, but on the other hand, where would you recommend for portugal?? My husband and I love Portugal, and used to visit every year, but since he started heamo we havent bothered. We did come when he was on PD, and had all his supplies delivered.

Maybe you coulod suggest somewhere.

Thank you

Kelly X
ImageImage

Life is like a box of chocolates, you can never get enough
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Aronoel,

I have sent you a PM.

Hope this helps

Steve
~I close my eyes, and This Is Yesterday~