Anyone here been refused PD ??

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mike

Post by Mike »

i know that is a option which is available here but I'm not sure whether they would let me if they refused me PD but I'm still waiting to find out whether they change their mind about PD anyway
vincenp2

PD / HD

Post by vincenp2 »

Hi Mike, I've been on HD for over two years now, and never even considered PD. It's a good job really because I was told I was too big (104kg). HD isn't the end of the world, you just have to work at it. In my area it's more difficult to actually get on HD, there are very few places available so they seem to put people on PD if they can. Anyway, just to say if you get on HD it's not that bad, hope all goes well