there's some nice people around

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

amanda in CA

there's some nice people around

Post by amanda in CA »

Hi, my hernia op. went well yesterday but the vicodin is wiping me out, not a bad thing. I had to get to the hospital for 5.15 am and was home by 10 am. A friend phoned to wish me happy birthday and while I was talking to here, I 'jokingly' said she could give me a kidney. Well, she is incredibly squeamish and said she couldn't. However, a few minutes after I came off the phone, it rang again and it was my friend to say that her husband wants to be tested. The chance of him being suitable are so small, but I couldn't believe that someone would be so kind to come forward like that. I always knew that he was a nice guy though. Please keep your fingers and anything else crossed for me. love Amanda
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hi Amanda,

Everythings crossed for you - great news. I hope it works out.

Glad the hernia was sorted speedily on the day.

Hal x
Sueleic

Post by Sueleic »

Hi Amanda
Firstly a belated Happy Birthday
And I will keep everything crossed for you friends husbands test, what wonderful people there are around I am so pleased for you
Also hope you get over you hernia operation speedily
Take care
Sue
In the UK
Xx
Rik

Post by Rik »

everything is crossed for you Trac'r Girl ... even my eyes!!
what a wonderful gesture for a friend to make :0)

glad your hernia op went OK lady (how long are you on Vicodin??)

... and a belated Happy Birthday too :D
I would sing Happy Birthday ... but its has been described as castration without meds :cry: ... so I'd best not eh :wink:
:0)
Nikki

Hi Amanda!

Post by Nikki »

:D
Hi you! Happy birthday, was it a good one? well, as good as it could be!
I know, its amazing the sort of people who say they'll donate, usually the ones you dont expect to! All the best, let us know.
Lotsa love. Nikki. xx :wink: