Edema/swelling from the torso down

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

fab n four

Edema/swelling from the torso down

Post by fab n four »

Hi,
Has anyone experience full body swelling? I went without my potassium for a couple of weeks (forgetful due to work and family and lazy). In the meantime I have also put on weight due to my monthly food rampage I have experienced for a long time. I notice that when I didn't eat or take in sodium I was fine but then with the first morsel of food with substance would pump me up. I can feel the rush in my body. My skin would tingle, my skin would start to itch and then my skin gets really shiny. I've taken my potassium and I notice a difference but I'm still getting some swelling that is noticiable. I have a tranplanted kidney and had no major issues over the years. Should I be concerned? Should I give the medication more time before pushing the panic button? Thanks Fab n Four. :?:
fab n four