? for dialysis and transplant patients

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Helen Rambaut

? for dialysis and transplant patients

Post by Helen Rambaut »

I think anyone who is on dialysis or has had a transplant might be able to help me with this one. Will be very grateful for your suggestions.

My next task in providing info for the questionnaire to evaluate the effect of first time live donor kidney transplantation on the lives of patients who have been for at least one year on haemodialysis.

For the top topic in each category, suggest an every day real life activity which is relevant and can be affected (positively or negatively) by the transplant.

From my previous posting I ranked the most important topics within each section being:

Medical
Improvement or not of the following symptoms:
- Breathlessness
- Itchiness
- Tiredness
- Pain/discomfort

Personal
Personal life

At home
Family dynamics/quality of life

General
General mood (mental status)