glucose?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

only_broken

glucose?

Post by only_broken »

i had my urine tested the other day, as i have yet another UTI, and the dip stick said i have "100 glucose".

i know that damaged/ diseased kidneys can "dump" glucose, but should i be worried about diabetes?

and is "100 glucose" enough to be worried about at all?

sorry the "100 glucose" is vague, but thats what the G.P said it was lol

Love love x
Orange County Ca

Don't leave.

Post by Orange County Ca »

Never leave the Doctors office without understanding what was said. Many doctors will just tell you "You got this - do that". As if s/he knows best and you don't need to know, just obey.

It's not that harsh in reality but that's the tendency of Doctors. It takes time to explain and that's what they're selling. Time.

So you have got to be your best advocate. If you forget to ask, like this time, call back and ask for an explanation and the answer to your diabetes question.

Then let us know.
CAPD 1.2 years
Transplant 4.5 years
HemoDialysis 8 years
Transplant 3 and counting
only_broken

Post by only_broken »

i have an appointment to "discuss it fully" but it's not till next week, so i thought i'd ask in the mean time...
JenniferRussell

Re: glucose?

Post by JenniferRussell »

Glucose is a simple sugar which is a permanent and immediate primary source of energy to all of the cells in our body. The glucose in blood is obtained from the food that you eat. This glucose gets absorbed by intestines and distributed to all of the cells in body through bloodstream and breaks it down for energy.
Brain

Re: glucose?

Post by Brain »

Hi, you can determine your blood sugar using the blood sugar levels chart. Take the reading up to four times to be sure that what you are getting is accurate. I think this will help http://healthiack.com/health/what-is-no ... ugar-level