My Doctor visit

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

msdiva

My Doctor visit

Post by msdiva »

Hey everybody, My appointment was this past friday 7 May 04 with the NEPH, and i must say i was impressed with his compassion. I was all ready to go in fired up and stand up for myself, especially after getting some of youse opinions. Well, this man came in with the most kindest face i could have seen. And was so compassionate and understanding even I had to calm down. He reassured me and made me feel like we were on the same team. Now the other doctor i was telling yawl about, i got rid of him and got a new Internal Medicine doctor. Now my Neph told me i am a good candidate for a transplant and that i need to start asking friends and family for donations. He also said after this next set of test (blood work) that i would need to be set up for an apmt for a fistula. And that i need to call Walter Reed Medical Center (Washington D.C.) to set up evaluations for transplant. For some reason the Neph doc made me feel positive about things. Im still scared to death, im sure you've all been there. I just be glad when im transplanted and okay again. Well just wanted to let ya'll know that was going on. Praying for all of youse.

Diva
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Some good news :D

Post by JMan »

Great to hear the good news:)
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
amanda in CA

glad to hear

Post by amanda in CA »

Hi, I am so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with your neph. It is really important in my mind that when you have a chronic illness to have a good rapport with your doctors which comes from a mutual respect from both sides. That way, you will not be afraid to raise any issues that are bothering you. Amanda
Hal

Post by Hal »

Glad to hear your being looked after well. Good luck with the transplant stuff.

Hal.